"Over-the-hill" real-time visual intelligence
Our UAS-50 is a mature, advanced, combat-proven, extended performance electric mini-UAS, optimized to provide covert, extended range real-time visual intelligence. The UAS is unique in its abilitity to fly even in strong winds and on cloudy or rainy days, assuring high operational availability for 3-4 hours and a communication range up to 50 km (optionally extendable to 80 km).
BATS' UAS-50 system provides Intelligence, Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance (ISTAR) capabilities.
The system is capable of operating in segregated airspace, following segregation procedures with manned aircraft. The system will manage the traffic information transmutation with the Mission ATC tower with a radio communication on radio frequencies.
Fully autonomous, from its point of launch to its accurate parachute and airbag recovery, the system delivers autonomous ease of use and high reliability, providing a very versatile and stable ISR platform.
Combining a stabilized CCD and IR payloads with proprietary ground exploitation software, the UAS allows for GPS-marked imagery to be relayed in real-time to the ground station. It presents an ultimate solution for supporting real-time video missions for open area as well as urban scenarios for military, peace keeping, low intensity conflict, security, law enforcement, S&R, disaster management and commercial applications.
Ask more info now
||Unprecedented endurance for mini UAVs of up to 3-4 hours mission time
|Extended control range
||Based on its unique communication technology, the system achieves up to 50 km (extendable) with digital link, advanced video compression and tracking antenna
|High performance optional payloads
||Dual day/night and IR cameras gimbaled and stabilized payloads and/or optional high resolution gimbaled and stabilized photogrammatic payload
|High resolution Video Transmission
||The UAS can be optionally integrated with HD-ready day payload and can transmit HD-ready video (720px) to the ground, in order to provide better situational awareness and better detection, recognition and identification capabilities.
||The video image from the UAV is relayed to GCS in extremely low latency. The video is recorded with all intelligence information overlaid on the video (GPS coordinated of the target, etc.)
|Severe weather operation
||Supporting missions in severe weather in strong winds and rain of up to 10 mm/h
|Ease of operation
||Quick development and fast operational readiness, no need for prepared area, Launch and recovery in any terrain.
|Small logistic and operational footprint
||Small size and small crew (2 people), only one operator is required while the UAS is airborne
- Monitoring of designated areas or location of interest
- Continous tracking and monitoring of static and moving targets in open and urban environments including vehicles and humans
- Forward observer for firing units and BDA assessment post firing
- Disaster control and management operations (first responders)
- Search and rescue
- Forward situation awareness and operation command and control capabilities to the HQ
- Maritime Surveillance
- Force protection
- Security operations
- Law enforcement
- Optional Mapping on Demand (photogrammetric) missions
- Loitering around a given point / automatic holding
Mission planning can be done in 3 ways:
- The system allows pre-planning of assessment areas. Critical assets or regions and waypoints can be planned and saved on the control station. These can be pre-loaded to the UAV
- On-site operators can define a region of interest, and change the mission waypoints in real-time and as well as upload a new mission file to the UAV
- The UAV can be re-tasked while in flight with coordinates and points of interest
Deploy/launch is done in 3 ways:
- The UAV's can be launched in a very short time from time of arrival at a location in less than 20 minutes
- The UAV is launched from a ground launcher
- A two-man team can operate the system from lauch to recovery (only one is required once the UAV is airborne)
Mission execution is performed as follows:
- After the UAV is launched, real-time video is streamed back to the ground station
- Operation communication radius of up to 50 km and endurance of up to 3 to 4 hours
Recovery of the UAV works as follows:
- The UAV deploys a parachute and an airbag when directed to land by the GCS or the emergency recovery device
- It can be pre-programmed to return to a specific location and deploy its parachute, autonomously calculating the wind speed and direction for a safe landing
- The UAV inflated an airbag as well, in order to protect the payload and other main avionic parts during landing impact
- The parachute and airbag are quickly and simply repacked by the field operator for reuse in the next mission
- The battery pack is replaced and the UAS si ready for the next mission
||about 3 m
||Electric brushless motor
||Typically, up to 4 hours depending on altitude ASL, weather and mission profile
Gimbaled and stabilized surveillance payload:
- dual sensor payload with uncooled IR and optional laser pointer
- day payload - continous zoom
||Video: up to 50 km (optionally extendable to 80 km)
|Main communication link
||2.4-2.5 GHz spread spectrum Data Link
||L-band COFDM technology
||The UAS has GNSS for horizontal and vertical position fixing and is capable of autonomous waypoint navigation with manual correction or over-ride for pre/in-flight reprogramming, during a signal loss and auto-homing
||Real-time full motion video in common standard video file format (e.g. H264/MPEG-4 AVC) to be displayed in the Operations Center and/or other locations chosen by the mission
|Video recording storing retrieve
All videos transmitted to GCS and to the Command Center is recorded.
The system supports 7 days of subsequent retrieval. FMV has to be stored in standard video file format (i.e. MPEG) including all relevant metadata, notably time, date, and geo-location of the sensor footprint/pin point. This capability includes a measuring tool capable of determining distance on the video screen.
Download click here
Please contact us and we will be pleased to discuss your specific requirements and provide you with a tailored offer.
Picture for UAS-50 at this page for illustration only.